Lake Homes are for sale in beautiful Detroit Lakes, MN. Whether you’re looking for a single-family home, multi-family home, or townhouse, you’re sure to find the perfect home you’ve always dreamed of in this beautiful northwest Minnesota location. The fact that there are hundreds of stunning lakes in the Detroit Lakes area makes this location ideal for new home buyers who want to live on or near the water.
Lake Homes in Detroit Lakes
The fact that there’s a large variety of lake homes for sale shows you have a lot of choices when looking to buy a new home. Maybe you’re looking for a single-story home surrounded by grass and trees on a small piece of property? Or maybe you’d like your new home to be a two story multi-family home on a larger piece of property, giving you the outdoor living space you enjoy so much? Either way, Detroit Lakes has what you’re looking for.
Larger estates are also for sale if you’re looking for a lake home that offers a lot of square footage. These larger lake homes that are for sale are perfect for home buyers who enjoy having a lot of living space. And these properties tend to come with anywhere from just a few acres of land to a couple hundred acres, giving you the flexibility you’re looking for when buying a new, larger home.
Lakeside or Forest Setting
While some of the lake homes in Detroit Lakes currently for sale are positioned right on or very close to the lake’s edge, other homes can be found a little further away. Although still close to the lakes, as there are hundreds of beautiful, various lakes in the area, these homes for sale are nestled cozily in a forest setting.
Other things you should think about when buying a new home? If you’re interested in farming, ranching or vineyards, then know that there are lake homes for sale that will allow you to participate in these particular ventures. If you enjoy entertaining, or tend to have a lot of people come visit you, then you’ll want to be sure your new lake home includes at least one of the following, if not more – large screened in porch, an outside fireplace, sitting area by the late. If you’re someone who enjoys their privacy, then you’ll surely want to check out homes that are completely private, meaning you can’t even see your neighbors.
Top Rated Schools and More
So what else does Detroit Lakes have to offer? Besides a wide variety of lakeside homes, gorgeous clear lakes, hiking trails, biking trails, golfing, boating, and more? Detroit Lakes also offers a top rate public schools system, conveniently located hospitals, and a variety of pubs and restaurants. For those who love to shop, this area includes shopping choices that will appeal to everyone.
- Schools: Elementary schools include Roosevelt Elementary, Rossman Elementary, and Early Childhood/Community Education Center. There’s one middle school – Detroit Lakes Middle School, and 2 high schools – Detroit Lakes High School and Detroit Lakes Area Learning Center.
- Hospital, Clinics: Essentia Health St. Mary’s is an accredited, modern hospital that can easily provide you with any medical services you may need. Other local clinics include the Sanford Health Clinic and the 7-Day clinic, with both offering a wide range of quality health care services.
- Pubs: The Bridge Marina Bar and Grill, Shorewood Pub, and Hotel Shoreman Bar and Pizzeria are three of the more popular bars, pubs located in the area, which tend to be very busy over the weekend.
- Restaurants: The Detroit Lakes area offers everything you can think of when it comes to quality food choices. From hamburgers, pizza and sandwiches to steaks, fish and pasta dishes, you’ll never get bored when choosing to eat out.
- Shopping: Love shopping? You’ll surely enjoy shopping at the Washington Square Mall, a large shopping center that includes a wide variety of stores. Or you can head on over to Downtown Crossing or the McKinley Plaza for more shopping choices, which also offers shops serving specialty items, like sandwiches and ice cream.
If you’re someone who enjoys the outdoors, it’s definitely worth your time to check out the wide variety of lake homes in Detroit Lakes, MN.